Dear PVPUSD Teacher,
PEF's Chuck Miller Teacher Grant application is now open. We are thrilled that the maximum amount per project is $1,500 again this year. Each teacher can submit a maximum of two applications as the lead teacher. The Peninsula Education Foundation wants to help you provide unique experiences and learning opportunities for students that are outside of your classroom budget. We applaud the great work teachers like you are doing every day to make the most of the resources at your disposal. Thank you, and good luck with your proposal.
BEFORE designing your proposal, please be sure to read all APPLICATION GUIDELINES and FAQs below:
Please remember to include your cost estimates (including shipping and tax), and make sure the totals match the amount that you are applying for (under or equal to the maximum amount of $1,500). ONLY applications submitted through the online application below will be considered. You can review the application questions in advance at: www.pvpef.org on the "Chuck Miller Grants" tab.
• September 27, 2019 – Deadline to submit application.
• November 1, 2019– Deadline for teachers to sign and return grant contracts to PEF.
• November 14, 2019 – Grant recipients honored at the PEF's Donor Appreciation Food and Wine Festival.
• March 31, 2020 – Deadline for final submission of financial reimbursement receipts.
We encourage you to apply for funding for anything that you think will benefit the children in your classrooms, but proposals
with these features are favored:
• Originality. While grants are often provided to implement things being done elsewhere in the district, your application is more likely to be selected if it represents something new and innovative.
• Enhances and compliments your existing curriculum.
• Goals and purpose are clearly stated in the application.
• Benefits a larger number of students (i.e. multiple classrooms, grades or sections).
• Materials or equipment purchased can be reused.
Items that will not be considered for funding:
• iPads, tablets, laptops/computers and Apple TVs will not be funded. Software and Hardware will also not be funded. Online apps will only be permitted if they have been approved by the district. All other requests for technology related items may be considered, and will be reviewed by the PVPUSD Technology department.
• Costs to attend conferences and workshops will not be funded.
If you have a question regarding what you are thinking of submitting, please contact us at email@example.com.
SEE FAQs NEXT PAGE