JOC PNW Survey
Welcome to the 2023 Culture Shift Survey of Jews of Color Living in the PNW!
TischPDX was formed in 2018 with the core mission to bolster the voices and grassroot projects of young, marginalized and unaffiliated Jewish leaders in Portland, Oregon. Tisch – Yiddish for table – is a Jewish communal practice that fosters spiritual connection and communal bonding. TischPDX draws from this traditional wisdom as our guiding focus.
The primary goals of this survey are to:
- gain a better understanding of the demographics of Jews of Color (JOC) living in the Pacific Northwest (PNW),
- encourage participants to provide critical feedback on the offerings and engagement their local community provides, and
- hold the broader Jewish community of the PNW accountable to the specific needs of JOC in this region.
This research is being stewarded, conducted, and analyzed by JOC through a partnership between TischPDX and Tiyuv, which provides JOC-led and oriented research and evaluation consultation. Select questions were drawn from the Count Me In survey, launched in 2021 as part of research commissioned by the Jews of Color Initiative, whose funding also makes the current work possible.
Should you choose to participate:
- The survey is expected to take 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
- Your responses will be kept confidential and secure; your data will not be sold or shared with anyone outside of the research team.
- Your participation is voluntary, and you are free to stop at any time with no consequence.
- There are no direct benefits to participating, however you may experience satisfaction in providing feedback that can be used to help local Jewish organizations in the PNW better serve the needs of JOC community members.
- One hundred eligible respondents will be randomly selected to receive a $10 gift card as a thank you for completing the survey.