The Arc New York 2023 Thomas A. Maul Direct Support Professional Excellence Award
Thomas A. Maul Direct Support Professional Excellence Award Nomination Form
NOMINATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 21, 2023
About the Award: This award, in the amount of $2,500, is presented annually to four (4) direct support professionals employed by a Chapter of The Arc New York. Through this award, The Arc New York recognizes individuals who consistently demonstrate excellence, creativity and commitment in providing supports to people who have intellectual and other developmental disabilities. Candidates will have displayed an exemplary level of performance over the course of their employment and will have shown commitment to improving the quality of life for people who have intellectual and other developmental disabilities. All nominees not selected to receive this award will be presented with a $250 check and certificate of recognition.
About Thomas A. Maul: This award is presented in honor of Thomas A. Maul, who during his tenure as OPWDD (formerly OMRDD) Commissioner from 1993 to 2006, addressed many of the long standing issues that face The Arc New York and the people we serve. The Arc New York shared with the Commissioner a major priority—the true recognition of its workforce.
- One nomination may be submitted per County within a Chapter
- Nominee must have been employed at a Chapter for a minimum of five (5) years at the time of nomination
- Nominee must provide direct support to an individual with a disability as defined in the CFR as series 200 or 400
- Nominations previously submitted for individuals who have not received the award, may be updated and resubmitted for consideration
- Completed application
- One letter of recommendation must be submitted with the application. A maximum of two letters of recommendation may be submitted.
- Supporting documentation (i.e. news/newsletter articles) may be submitted if desired; no more than three supporting documents are to be submitted. Supporting accomplishments can be described within the nomination questions.
The Arc New York Direct Support Professional Excellence Awards will be presented at the October Annual Meeting.