AIS Vision: To integrate skilled patient advocates at every level of breast cancer research.
- Ensure the patient voice is included in all research initiatives.
- Provide training and opportunities for members to be skilled in supporting all aspects of breast cancer research.
- Create a diverse membership to reflect the breast cancer community.
- Develop AIS member relationships and engagement within communities and the Komen-funded research program and researchers.
Research advocates participate in a variety of scientific activities to ensure that the unique and valuable perspectives of cancer survivors and others affected by cancer are integrated into scientific dialogue and decisions affecting our progress toward ending breast cancer. They bring a real-world understanding of what most impacts those affected by breast cancer, and an urgency to find cures and more effective prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
If you would like to be part of the Komen Advocates in Science community, please:
1. Complete the following membership form, which includes uploading a current resume/biosketch/CV
2. Select a professional colleague, advocate/mentor, or someone who you’ve volunteered with who is familiar with your research advocacy experience to complete a referral form on your behalf
If you are interested in the science of breast cancer and research advocacy, please fill out the questions below. Your membership and referral forms will then be reviewed. You will be notified within 2-3 weeks of submission. If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!