2024 Local Lead Interest Form
This is not a Local Lead Application. If you fill out this interest form, we will notify you when the Local Lead Application opens. Please check back around February of 2024 to see the Local Lead Application for 2024.
What is the role of a Space Apps Local Lead? They organize the virtual event for a specific city or town, working to increase awareness and engagement of the Space Apps Challenge. Please fill out this form if you are interested in applying to be a Space Apps 2024 Local Lead and hearing about when the 2024 Local Lead Application opens.
LOCAL LEAD BENEFITS:
- Serve as a Local Lead alongside NASA and the Space Apps Global Organizing Team to develop the world’s largest annual global hackathon, with participants and supporting teammates in 160+ countries.
- Champion Space Apps in your local community, recruiting local coders, scientists, students, artists, storytellers, designers, engineers, data experts and others who may participate during the Space Apps event.
- Immerse yourself and serve as a thought leader in your city’s space, tech, innovation, and creative communities.
- Support noteworthy participants in their hackathon journeys. Nominate top projects for judging at the Global level, with Global Nominees, Global Finalists, and Global Winners being recognized by NASA.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL LEADS:
- Coordinate local event logistics - Local Leads are responsible for providing, arranging and funding the logistics for their local event from their own resources, including venue, food, supplies, swag and prizes, as they may choose in their discretion. Local Leads are also responsible for considering accessibility and connectivity logistics in connection with.
- Recruit supporting teammates - Each Local Lead is responsible for arranging needed personnel to run their local event.
- Recruit participants from their community to join the local event.
- Follow NASA International Space Apps Challenge branding guidelines.
- Support participants through their entire hackathon journey and encourage project submission.
- Recruit Local Judges and complete Local Judging.
- Recruit Local Collaborators (optional but encouraged) - Each Local Lead is responsible for their own collaborator outreach efforts.
Thank you for your interest and we will be in touch beginning of 2024!