What is the CCPD Travel Access Fund?

The Center for Career and Professional Development Travel Access Fund is designed to facilitate students' career development by reimbursing transportation costs for career-related activities that occur during the academic year thus enabling recipients to participate in activities that they could not otherwise afford.
  • Recipients must be currently enrolled students.
  • Activity must be for a specific career opportunity, i.e., Job/internship interview, Career/job fair, Job shadow experience, Internship. Networking/Connecting does not satisfy this requirement.
  • Activity must occur during the academic year.
  • Reimbursement will be approved for transportation expenses only. Transportation expenses may include the following:
    • airfare - (tickets purchased using Frequent Flier miles cannot be reimbursed)
    • ground transportation (bus, train, taxi/cab, subway, rideshare) fares
    • car rental
    • parking fees
    • mileage (Rate=$0.30/mile; cannot be prepaid)
  • Amount requested must be between $10.00 and $500.00.
  • Recipients will receive no more than $500.00 per academic year.
What are some examples of "career-related travel"?
  • Traveling to a career fair with the purpose of meeting with employers within a specific career field
  • Traveling to an interview to secure a job or internship
  • Traveling to a job shadow or internship during winter or spring breaks
What is not considered career-related travel?
  • Traveling to network at an academic conference without a specific appointment or interview
Common questions:
  • May I apply for funds to cover travel to my summer internship? No. The CCPD Travel Access Fund supports career related travel during the academic year only.
  • May I apply for funds to cover an externship-like job shadow when I am home during a break? Yes, the Travel Access Fund supports traveling to a job shadow experience during break time.
  • I was offered a job and need to travel to attend required training before the end of the school year: may I apply for funding? Yes, training for secured positions are considered career-related activities.
  • May I apply for funds to cover travel to study abroad or domestic study away programs? No, academic programs and/or programs in which you receive academic credit do not qualify.
TO APPLY: Please submit this application prior to participating in the activity for which the reimbursement is being requested. Typical application turnaround time is 5-7 business days. After submission, applicants may be asked to meet with a CCPD staff member to discuss the application. The CCPD will confirm receiving your application and will notify you of the approval/denial via email. 
IF APPROVED: CCPD staff will work with you to disburse the travel reimbursement in a way that meets your needs and the needs of the CCPD. To be reimbursed you must keep all receipts for transportation expenses you incur.You will need to submit these receipts and an Expense Reimbursement Form to the CCPD in a manner agreed upon by you and the CCPD. The amount reimbursed will be based on the receipts submitted and no more than the amount approved. Receipts over 90 days old cannot be reimbursed.