* Experience with the addiction recovery process.
* Understanding of medication for opioid use disorder.
* Familiarity with local support services, resources and recovery community.
* Capability of building an effective coach-recoveree relationship.
* Demonstrated skill in actively listening, asking good questions, awareness of self and treating people as resources.
* Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries.
* Cross-cultural skills, and experience with culturally diverse populations.
* Bilingual abilities are a plus.
* Experience with MOUD (e.g, methadone or buprenorphine) as part of your own pathway of recovery is a plus
* Strong customer service ethic essential.
* Certificate of completion of the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy©. (VOH to provide training)
* Certificate of completion of the SMART Family and Friends training. (VOH to provide training).
* Certificate as a Kentucky Certified Peer Support Specialist (VOH to provide training); being currently certified is a plus
* Bilingual a plus
* High School Diploma or GED
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Reliable transportation required.
* Ability to work within a variety of settings.
* Availability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
Hours - Evening and Saturday hours required