2024 Making a Difference Scholarship
Instructions & Application
OMHA's Making a Difference Scholarship awards funds based on a comprehensive process that is completed by a committee review of areas including, but not limited to, academic accomplishments, community service, financial need, the availability of funds, and any additional qualifying criteria. The Making a Difference Scholarship is paid directly to the recipient’s school. Awards are made without regard to religion, race, color, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.
Applications must be received by February 3, 2024, to be considered.
- Be an employee or immediate family member** of an employee of a company that is a member in good standing with OMHA.
- Be enrolled in a college, university, or vocational/trade school.
- Currently hold a minimum weighted GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be accepted as a full-time student at a college, university, or trade school program for the upcoming academic semester.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
**An immediate family member is defined as a spouse, parent, child, or sibling. (Parent, child, and sibling relationships are considered immediate family members whether biological, adoptive, step, or foster.)
If a question does not apply, please put “N/A” in the space. If you have questions about the application process, please email staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 503-364-2470 Monday through Friday from 8-5.
Applicant must provide the correct mailing address of their institution and student ID number for payment. If the applicant is under 18, the Statement of Accuracy & Release of Information must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Completed applications must include:
- Answers to each question below.
- Unofficial Transcript from high school (Freshmen) or previous institution (Sophomores and higher).
- Proof of acceptance to college, university, or vocational/trade school.
- Demonstrated financial need (in a brief essay).
- An email sent to email@example.com from the HR department of the member company in good standing with OMHA where you or your immediate family member is employed**.
In order to be considered, your application and all required supporting documents as listed above must be submitted online, with all supporting documents uploaded and employment verifications emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 3, 2024.