UPSD Staff, Parents, and Guardians,
University Place School District would like your feedback on the annual school calendar. The short survey will take about 3 minutes to complete. You will also have the option to share written comments about the calendar at the end of the survey.
Before you take the survey, please confirm that you understand several key facts about the calendar:
- The student school year must be 180 days. Changes to the calendar never shorten or lengthen the total number of days students go to school- they just move school days from one place on the calendar to another.
- When a full school day is canceled due to weather or other reasons, we are required to “make up” the day later in the year so that kids always attend for 180 days.
- Final decisions about the school calendar must be negotiated with our teacher’s union, the University Place Education Association, per Washington State law. The next round of negotiations will take place in the spring of 2024.
- When changes are made to the calendar, they do not take effect until one full school year later so everyone can plan well in advance. The 2024-25 calendar is now published on our website and will not change. If changes are made this spring, they will not take effect until the 2025/26 year.
- This calendar survey does not mean that the calendar will change. We are only seeking information on preferences at this time.