The 2024 California Immunization Coalition Summit
June 5-6, 2024
Submit an Abstract for a Breakout Session
It's easy to submit a short on-line abstract to share programs, practices, and lessons learned with other immunization advocates and providers.
Presentations should be approximately 20 minutes long and Abstracts should support the following Summit objectives:
Goals for the 2024 Summit:
- Provide support and technical assistance to enhance existing education, communication, and outreach efforts
- Share successful strategies and best practices to strengthen local and statewide advocacy efforts
- Review new recommendations, issues and trends in immunizations and vaccine-preventable diseases
- Disseminate innovative approaches to promote and deliver immunizations across the lifespan
Possible Ideas Include:
• Specific Populations: Programs and interventions that are tailored to reach specific populations (e.g., educational settings, pharmacies, workplaces, geography, age, race/ethnicity, risk, etc.)
• Tools and Strategies: Development and implementation of effective tools, techniques and strategies to improve immunization rates (e.g., training, education, operations, outreach, vaccine storage and handling, etc.)
• State and Local Advocacy: Projects that support state and local advocacy on vaccine issues, or improve skills in program planning, policy development, and crafting and/or achieving passage of legislation
• Registries and IT Systems: How registries or other IT systems can be utilized to increase immunization rates
• Engaging Partners: Innovative approaches used by local immunization coalitions or advocacy groups to engage partners and/or promote immunizations
• Media: Creative methods using both social and traditional media to promote vaccination
• Clinical: Clinical updates regarding vaccines and vaccine-preventable diseases
• Other: Don’t feel limited to the categories above. Tell us what you are doing and how it worked.
Submit your abstract by Friday, March 22, 2024
**Note: This year CIC will be offering discount codes to Registration Fees for attending the Summit for abstracts that are accepted for presentation.Discount code will be provided upon acceptance/ confirmation.