Thank you for coming to the Frank Schott CBE Memorial Scholarship application page. Please read entirely before completing the application.
The Frank Schott CBE Memorial Scholarship recipient will receive a full scholarship to one offering of each CBE course as well as a full scholarship to sit for the CBE Exam. Coursework and the exam must be completed within a two-year period. The scholarship does not cover travel costs or other expenses associated with attending courses and the exam. Any additional costs incurred over the course of preparing for the exam or attending classes are at recipient’s expense.
How to Apply
An application is required, as well as a letter of support and an applicant statement. The selection committee will interview finalists via Zoom before making a final selection. Application deadline is February 1, 2022.
1. Candidates must have completed a four-year degree from an accredited university. An economics degree is preferred.
2. The ideal candidate is in the early stages of her/his career with a minimum of one year of work experience in a position utilizing applied economics or tools OR currently enrolled in a master’s program with some relevant work experience.
3. The application requires an employer letter of support (or adviser letter of support if you are a student enrolled in a master’s program). The letter of support should include:
- Willingness to provide time off to attend classes
- Travel support for airfare, hotels, and food and beverage related expenses
4. Candidate application letter that answers the following:
- How do you believe earning the CBE will help you achieve your goals?
- Tell us about your path to this point and your career goals for the next five years.
- What is your planned timetable for completing the requirements and earning your CBE?
- If your employer does not provide support for travel, will you be able to attend the classes?
What Is Awarded
- Economics of Strategy and Managerial Decision Making (Online), $750 value
- Business Applications of Statistics and Data Analytics (Online), $750 value
- Communication and Presentation Skills for Business Economists and Analysts, $1,200 value
- Writing Skills for Business Economists and Analysts, $550 value
- Applied Econometrics, $1,700 value
- Economic Measurement Seminar, $450 value
- CBE Exam, $250 value
NOTE: Relatives and coworkers of NABE Foundation board members are not eligible to apply.
To fill out the application, please move to the next page.