Peer Power Foundation is a non-profit organization that recruits high performing students and recent graduates to tutor and mentor middle and high school students. Our goal is to invest in youth by helping them become academically and socially successful.
The goal of the Peer Empowerment Fellowship Program is to create a community of incoming freshmen who will learn, earn, and serve together with the support and mentorship of Peer Power staff and experienced Success Coaches as they transition to college life. While successfully completing their first semester, fellows will take two foundational courses together as they earn competitive wages and build career readiness skills as steps toward financial and professional independence. Fellows are able to pay the skills they learn forward by tutoring and mentoring students in our community.
The role of a Peer EmPOWERment Fellow:
- Attend special sections of two courses during the Fall 2022 semester with other Peer EmPOWERment Fellows:
- ACAD 1100 – Learn academic strategies while training to become a Success Coach
- PHIL 1102 – Intro to Ethics: connect philosophy to tutoring and mentoring while earning a Gen Ed credit
- Train to continue your Success Coach career throughout your college experience
- Work up to 12 hours a week as a Success Coach (tutor and mentor) in a Shelby County High School classroom
- Attend monthly personal, professional, and leadership development training
- Represent Peer Power by exhibiting academic and professional excellence
Benefits of being a Peer EmPOWERment Fellow
|Earn college credit||Book Stipend||Real World Skills|
|Earn competitive wages||Expand Your Network||Community|
Contact us at email@example.com
Follow us on Social Media: