Imagine Kingsbury! The Town is excited to begin visioning for its future and developing an update to the Town's 1973 Comprehensive Plan. This document will provide long-range planning and will represent the community’s desired future to guide decision-making by elected and appointed officials. Your input is important to shape the Town's future on how development, conservation, and public investment will occur in Kingsbury. Let's Imagine Kingsbury together!

Question Title

* 1. Cannabis: 

“On March 31, 2021, the Marihuana Regulation & Taxation Act was signed into law, legalizing adult-use cannabis in New York State. Municipalities however may opt-out of allowing adult-use cannabis retail dispensaries or on-site consumption licenses from locating within their jurisdictions; however, municipalities cannot opt-out of adult-use legalization as simple possession and use of cannabis by adults 21 years of age or older is legal in New York State. Should the Town allow retail dispensaries, a local tax of up to 4% will be imposed on sales; 25% of tax monies resulting will be distributed to the County, the remaining 75% will go directly to the Town.”

Should the Town allow new recreational marijuana retail stores (dispensaries) to open in the Town of Kingsbury?

Question Title

* 2. Cannabis: 
“On March 31, 2021, the Marihuana Regulation & Taxation Act was signed into law, legalizing adult-use cannabis in New York State. Municipalities however may opt-out of allowing adult-use cannabis retail dispensaries or on-site consumption licenses from locating within their jurisdictions; however, municipalities cannot opt-out of adult-use legalization as simple possession and use of cannabis by adults 21 years of age or older is legal in New York State. Should the Town allow retail dispensaries, a local tax of up to 4% will be imposed on sales; 25% of tax monies resulting will be distributed to the County, the remaining 75% will go directly to the Town.”

Should the Town allow new recreational marijuana cafes (consumption sites) to open in the Town of Kingsbury?

Question Title

* 3. Do you have broadband internet service [e.g., Verizon FIOS and Spectrum]?

0 of 27 answered
 

T