The Arc New York 2023 Dr. John Kowalczyk Outstanding Citizenship Award
Dr. John Kowalczyk Outstanding Citizenship Award Nomination Form
NOMINATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 21, 2023
About the Award: This award is designed to highlight and celebrate individuals supported by their local Arc New York Chapter by recognizing their achievements and contributions made to their local Chapter, community and/or peers. Nominees and recipients are individuals who not only use services provided by their local Chapter of The Arc New York, but also help to provide support to others in a manner that benefits other people with intellectual or developmental disabilities and their community. One (1) award in the amount of $500, along with a commemorative personalized glass award is presented annually. All nominees will receive $100 and a certificate of recognition.
- The nominee must have an intellectual or developmental disability
- The nominee must have a connection to a Chapter of The Arc New York Organization
- One nomination may be submitted for each county within a Chapter
- The nominee should for example, be an individual who is recognized to be someone that exemplifies the following: peer advocacy, a community supporter, someone who participates in organizing and/or supporting events at the Chapter level, or an overall positive support for others in their community circle
- Completed application
- One (1) peer letter of support must be included. Up to two (2) additional letters from others may be included if desired
The Arc New York Dr. John Kowalczyk Outstanding Citizenship Award will be presented at the October Annual Meeting.