2022 Self-Advocate of the Year Award Nomination Form
NOMINATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 22, 2022
About the Award: This award is designed to highlight, recognize and celebrate the achievements and contributions made by The Arc New York’s self-advocates. Nominees and recipients are individuals who not only use services of The Arc New York but also help to shape those services in a manner that benefits other people with intellectual or developmental disabilities. One (1) award in the amount of $500, along with a commemorative personalized glass award is presented annually. All nominees will receive $100 and a certificate of recognition.
- The nominee must have an intellectual or developmental disability
- The nominee must have a connection to a Chapter of The Arc New York Organization
- One nomination may be submitted for each county within a Chapter
- Previously nominated individuals who have not been recognized may be resubmitted for consideration
- Completed application
- One (1) peer letter of support must be included. Up to two (2) additional letters from others may be included if desired
The Arc New York Self-Advocate of the Year Award will be presented at the October Annual Meeting.