2023 Justice William E. McAnulty Jr. Trailblazer Award
About the Justice William E. McAnulty Jr. Trailblazer Award:
The Justice William E. McAnulty Jr. Trailblazer Award was developed by the LBA in 2003 to honor those who have had a significant impact in promoting racial and ethnic diversity in the legal profession. Individuals who receive this award have been leaders in the legal community and have been at the forefront of legal and social change. The Justice William E. McAnulty Jr. Trailblazer Award is named in memory of the first African American to sit on the Kentucky Supreme Court.
The Trailblazer Award
- Advocates to support and advance racial equity and justice through the courts and/or legislation.
- Promotes diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency to improve people’s cultural awareness among peers and/or with the community.
- Creates partnerships that strengthen diversity.
- Advances diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrates dedication and a continuing commitment to building awareness of the importance of diversity.
- Have had a significant impact in improving racial and ethnic diversity in the legal profession; and,
- Leads or participates in community outreach programs that help people learn about the LBA’s mission towards diversity.