- outstanding professional achievement in scientific research or resource management
- significant contributions to collaborative and cooperative approaches to research or resource management
The Award was named after its first recipient, Larry Kallemeyn, USGS (retired). Throughout his career, Larry was a consummate professional and probably the nicest guy to work with that most of us will ever encounter. His collaborative and cooperative approach to his work led to the cross-border collaborative efforts that the watershed benefits from today. In short, Larry's name on this award epitomizes a professional who practices good science or management that benefits the Rainy-Lake of the Woods watershed.
The Award is presented by the Foundation at the International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Forum (March 11-12, 2020) when there’s a deserving recipient as determined by the selection committee. The selection committee consists of researchers and resource managers from both Canada and the United States and a representative of the Foundation's board.
Previous Kallemeyn Award recipients:
- 2019 - Jesse Anderson, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- 2018 - Kathleen Ruhland, Queen's University; Kevin Peterson, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources; & Gail Faveri, Environment and Climate Change Canada
- 2017 - Mark Edlund, St. Croix Watershed Research Station, Science Museum of Minnesota
- 2016 - Ryan Maki, Voyageurs National Park, National Parks Service
- 2015 - Ken Beaty, Experimental Lakes Area - Fisheries & Oceans Canada (retired)
- 2014 - Darryl McLeod, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- 2013 - Andrew Paterson, Ontario Ministry of Environment
- 2012 - Leland Grim, Voyageurs National Park
- 2011 - Tom Mosindy, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- 2010 - Nolan Baratono, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- 2009 - Bev Clark, Hutchinson Environmental Services, Ontario Ministry of Environment (retired)
- 2008 - Larry Kallemeyn, USGS Voyageurs National Park (retired)
Please remember that members of the Selection Committee may not know your nominee - so please provide a sufficiently detailed submission so that they can be judged fairly.
Questions? Contact Todd Sellers, LOWWSF, 866-370-8891 firstname.lastname@example.org