The NEA RA is July 1-5, 2018 at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
WOEA awards scholarships for WOEA delegates to attend the NEA RA. Delegates (non-state-funded) can apply for a scholarship up to $1,000 to help cover expenses to attend the NEA RA. Receipts will be required for reimbursement and must be submitted to the WOEA office. If locals are funding its delegates, the difference between the state stipend ($1509) and the local reimbursement will be covered by WOEA. (see examples below) All participants are responsible for making their own RA registration, travel and hotel accommodations. To apply for a WOEA scholarship, complete the online application. Scholarship recipients will be notified.
- Delegate A is funded $1,000 from her local. The OEA state delegate's stipend this year is $1,509. Receipts from Delegate A are $1,400. WOEA will reimbursement Delegate A $109.
- Delegate B's local does not fund her. She submits a voucher and receipts for $860. WOEA reimburses her $860.
- Delegate C's local does not fund him. He submits a voucher and receipts for $1365. WOEA reimburses him $1,000.
- Expenses will be paid by the applicant and reimbursed by WOEA.
- Applicants must complete and submit an expense voucher and report to assist WOEA in knowing the value of the event to the recipient and to WOEA.
- Applications will not be accepted past deadlines.
- If there are more applicants than scholarships, a waiting list will be maintained should there be cancellations.