South Sound Autism Partnership Survey
1. Introductory Letter
Dear Member of the ASD Community,
As you are likely aware, the number of individuals being diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) has increased dramatically over the past several years. Therefore, in order to meet the needs of individuals with ASD and their families located within the South Puget Sound, a coalition of service providers, advocates, and community members has been formed. The name of the group is the South Sound Autism Partnership and it has the following mission:
1. To increase the awareness of resources and accessibility and services that are currently available to individuals with ASD and their families.
2. To increase the effectiveness of service delivery through improving the communication between service providers, educational systems, and people being served.
3. To increase awareness for the ASD community regarding the most effective treatment options available, including a risk/benefit analysis of all treatment options.
4. To increase awareness and education about ASD’s to the community at-large to help with earlier detection and transition into treatment.
With these goals in mind, the South Sound Autism Partnership is asking you to complete a short survey to help us determine:
1. What issues are most important to you or your family member with ASD at this time?
2. What are the greatest barriers to you or your family member receiving appropriate services?
3. What activities could the Partnership do that would provide the most benefit to the South Sound ASD community?
The survey should take approximately 15 – 20 minutes to complete. We thank you for taking an interest in improving the lives of people with ASD in the South Puget Sound area.
Steven Altabet, Ph.D.
University of Washington Autism Center
– Tacoma Satellite Clinic
Cherry Parkes Building
1900 Commerce St.
Tacoma, Washington 98402