Product Feedback Surveys
Send surveys and set your product up for success.
Building the right products for the right people is critical to your success. Assumptions—even educated guesses—leave room for error, a risk you can’t afford to take. Gain important insights directly from your users with an online questionnaire. Does your product meet customer needs now and in the future? Are there certain associations users make when thinking of your brand and designs? What enhancements do your users want to see, and which features can they live without? What are your buyers pricing sensitivities?
Product planning surveys give you the insider knowledge you need to plan new products, grow your business and succeed in today’s competitive marketplace. Whether you're creating software, apps, or real-life widgets, using one of our product survey samples can get you on your way to being more competitive, improving your product, and creating items your customers will love.
Get important feedback and make informed product decisions.
The great thing about surveys is that you can gain insights on just about anything related to your product and business. Here are a few ideas on how you can send surveys, get feedback and develop successful marketing strategies.
- Existing products and services. Get feedback on your product that’s currently on the market with a basic product survey. Learn what customers like and dislike, and what updates you can make to improve the experience for current customers and attract new customers. Understand your customer base by sending a customer loyalty survey to gain insights on the competition or a net promoter score questionnaire to discover where you stand. No matter the business or product, there are insights your customers are just waiting to share. From an insurance agent to dentist, mass manufacturer to online store, there are survey templates that fit your needs.
- Adjusting features. Are your customers happy with the number and types of features your product has? Less isn't necessarily more, and more may not be better. Use a product satisfaction survey to find out what your clients think about the features your product has, the features they never use, and the features they'd love to see.
- New products and services. Whether you’re early on in the planning process or you’re just about to send your product to market, a survey can help you discover whether you have the right target audience and the right features. Gauge interest and bounce product ideas off your target customers. If you are about to launch a new website send a online product survey to your to your most passionate users to gauge their feedback in the design variations. Need to know whether you new mobile app will gain quick adoption or fall to the bottom of the iTunes store or Google Play listings? Test the concept with the users most likely to use your app. Surveys with image choices can be used to comprehend what potential buyers think or your new manufacturer molds or even your logo.
- Mid-production research. Sometimes you need reassurance your product is headed in the right direction. A marketing research survey can help you make important decisions during the design phase and could make the difference between a good product and an amazing product.
- Manufacturing quality. Try sending a product feedback survey several weeks to months after a purchase to hear about how your product held up. Are seams coming loose? Does it still look brand-new? Is there one feature in particular that seems to be causing problems or inspiring delight? A feedback survey can help pinpoint design flaws and wins to help you improve your product.
- Usability testing. For software and applications, nothing beats usability testing to help you understand how your product is being used. Assign tasks, then use a product survey to see how easy your application is to use. You can even use skip logic to help target specific audiences for your app.
- A new market for your product. Did you invent a new device you are sure will be the greatest innovation since the telephone? Are you looking to expand your product into new markets? Just produced your latest handiwork for sale on Etsy or Ebay? Need to find out whether demographic fits for the location of your new store or office? Want to verify the markets you’re going for are, in fact, the right direction to head in? With a market research survey, you may find that a small enhancement makes a big difference to a certain set of people…or you may discover the value in entering a market you never thought of before.
- Pricing. Determining the correct pricing for your offering takes precision and accuracy. Too much, and you could see a significant drop in customers. Too little, and you could be missing out on revenue. A short pricing poll will show if your product is priced appropriately for your market or whether it’s time to update your prices.
Online questionnaires are not just for web products and services. You can also poll customers of your retail store to learn whether the new merchandise you are thinking of placing on the shelves will resonate with shoppers.
It’s never too late to fine tune your product and brand before you launch if your success depends on it.
Tips for Successful Product Surveys
- Survey early, and often. Have a great idea for a new product? Before spending the time and money to make it happen, send a survey and see what others think. Surveying early on helps you gauge interest for your idea and lets you know if it's worth your investment. But don’t stop there. Sentiments can change over time. For example, people may think a frozen yogurt food truck is an excellent idea in July, but they may not feel the same way come December. It’s hard to measure progress without benchmarks. Think about creating product surveys before, during, and after production to see how far you’ve come, and to understand how to progress successfully.
- Filters are your friend. Your results are in, and it’s time to analyze. Filters are a great way to quickly sort through all the information you have and find exactly what you’re looking for. Say you only want to see responses from people who live in a specific geographic region. Set that criteria as a filter and see what you want quickly and easily. Be sure to plan ahead and think about what filters you’d like to use when creating your survey questions.
- Be concise. “Less is more” is the way to go to foster high completion rates for your survey. Make sure your questions are clearly written and easy to understand. Keep questions short and to the point. Avoid creating surveys that take a long time to complete or ask too many questions—this can cause your respondents to lose interest and drop out of your survey before it's complete.
Successful product strategies start with a survey. Go straight to the source—your users—to measure customer awareness, usage and satisfaction over time. Understand how to improve your product, and determine if there's a need to make changes to your pricing.
Start getting the insights you need to grow your product. Access SurveyMonkey's product templates and certified survey questions to help you create and send surveys with ease. Don’t think your users will respond to an online survey, SurveyMonkey’s Precision Polling enables you to survey your users by telephone. Looking for targeted people to take your survey? SurveyMonkey Audience is home to millions of qualified respondents who want to share their opinions, so you can have the insights you need to make better product decisions.
Looking for More Survey Types and Survey Examples?
- Business Surveys
- Certified Survey Questions
- Consumer Surveys
- Customer Loyalty Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Surveys
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- Event Planning Surveys
- HR Survey & Training Survey
- Job Satisfaction Survey
- Marketing Surveys
- Market Research Surveys
- Measurement and Testing
- Medical Research Surveys
- Non-Profit Surveys
- Online Polls
- Online Questionnaires
- Education Surveys
- Fun Surveys
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Pre K-12 Parent Survey
Why Do 15+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we've made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There's no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 15 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.