Realizing that professional development is an essential part a librarian's continuing education, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region will be awarding Professional Development subsidies (up to $1,500 each) to support librarians who wish to attend a conference, or take a training or workshop of their choice by the end of April 2013. Priority will be given to professional development in the areas of e-science, emergency preparedness, personal and electronic health records, health information literacy, or library advocacy, and would include online training opportunities.
* Attendance at the conference must take place before April 30, 2013.
* Funds can be used for registration and/or travel.
* This award is intended for educational purposes only, and not for use with professional organization officer/committee commitments.
* Recipients for the 2012-2013 year will be targeted toward 12 hospital librarians and 12 academic librarians. The award is not intended for use by paraprofessionals.
* The applicant's institution must be a Full Network member of the MidContinental Region and the applicant must hold a health science librarian position.
* Applications will be accepted, reviewed, and awarded until funds are no longer available, or until April 30, 2013.
* Your responsibility to the MidContinental Region will be to share your experiences through a newsletter article, presentation, or a way mutually agreed upon with the NN/LM MCR.
* Please allow for sufficient time (at least one week) for RML staff to review your application, before you need to make reservations/registration for an event.
* For more information, contact Marty Magee: email@example.com, 1-800-338-7657 option #1, #2, #5.