Realizing that professional development is an essential part a librarian's continuing education, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region will be awarding Professional Development subsidies (up to $1,500 each) to support librarians who wish to attend a conference, or take a training or workshop of their choice by the end of April 2014. Priority will be given to professional development in the areas of e-science, emergency preparedness, personal and electronic health records, health information literacy, or library advocacy, and would include online training opportunities.
* Before you apply for the Professional Development Award, please work with your administration that is organizationally placed above the library to determine, 1) what would be applicable for your position, 2) how it can benefit your institution, and 3) your responsibility within your institution to share your experiences with higher level administration, and document those items to the NN/LM MCR in the application.
* Attendance at the conference must take place before April 30, 2014.
* Funds can be used for registration and/or travel.
* This award is intended for educational purposes only, and not for use with professional organization officer/committee commitments.
* Recipients for the 2013-2014 year will be targeted toward 4 librarians. The award is not intended for use by paraprofessionals.
* The applicant's institution must be a Full Network member of the MidContinental Region and the applicant must hold a health science librarian position.
* Applications will be accepted, reviewed, and awarded until funds are no longer available, or until April 30, 2014.
* Your responsibility to the MidContinental Region will be to share your experiences through a newsletter article, presentation, or a way mutually agreed upon with the NN/LM MCR.
* Please allow for sufficient time (at least one week) for RML staff to review your application, before you need to make reservations/registration for an event.
* For more information, contact Marty Magee: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-338-7657 option #1, #2, #5.