Criteria for mentors in the ACRL Dr. E.J. Josey Spectrum Scholar Mentor Program:
1. Must be a personal member of ACRL.
2. Committed to being a mentor for a minimum of one year (up to a maximum of three years).
3. Must attend an online mentor orientation session.
4. Assume a proactive role in achieving goals.
5. Agree to communicate with mentee monthly or on a mutually-agreeable regular basis.
6. Agree to spend time together at conferences when both mentor/mentee attend (relationship building).
7. Complete and submit brief reports about the mentor/mentee relationship at the request of the committee (no more than twice per year).