Friendship in Young and Middle-Aged Adulthood: Exploring Men’s and Women’s Social Networks
RESPONSIBLE INVESTIGATOR: Erin Somers
TITLE OF RESEARCH PROJECT: The Role of Attraction for Young and Middle-Aged Adults on Cross-Sex Friendships
I have been asked to participate in a survey-based research study that is investigating attraction in cross-sex friendships. The results of this study should further our understanding of cross-sex friendships.
I understand that:
1. I will be asked to take a survey via survey monkey that should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
2. The possible psychological risks may be realized felt attraction towards my cross-sex friend. Should any feelings be elicited based on my participation in this study, I may contact Notre Dame de Namur’s counseling services at 650-508-3578. No physiological risks are anticipated.
3. There are no discernible benefits to me personally, although the results of this study will help expand our knowledge of cross-sex friendships.
4. Although alternative procedures may be used, the present procedure is the most advantageous and economical.
5. The results of this study may be published, but any information from this study that can be identified with me will remain confidential and the data will be pooled to maintain anonymity.
6. Any questions about my participation in this study will be answered by Erin Somers, firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions or concerns about this study should be addressed to Dr. Nusha Askari, email@example.com. Complaints or concerns about this study may be addressed to Dr. Kim Tolley, (Chair, Institutional Review Board, NDNU) at (650) 508-3674.
7. My consent is given voluntarily without being coerced. I may refuse to participate in this study or in any part of this study, and I may withdraw at any time, without prejudice to my relation with NDNU or with any future contact with NDNU.
8. I am 18 years or older.
9. I have received a copy of this consent form for my record. You will have the opportunity to print a copy of the informed consent at the end of the survey.