Share Your Legal Mentoring Experiences with Harvard Law School
Harvard Mentoring Research Project - Information & Consent
• PURPOSE OF RESEARCH: Harvard Law School's Program on the Legal Profession is conducting a groundbreaking empirical survey analyzing legal mentoring. We are interested in your experiences with effective and ineffective legal mentoring. The results will be published in scholarly reports analyzing the history and future promise of mentoring in the legal profession.
• WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS RESEARCH: Complete an anonymous and confidential text box sharing whatever information you wish about your legal mentoring experiences.
• TIME REQUIRED: Approximately 5 minutes.
• RISKS: Minimal.
• BENEFITS: Share your experiences with legal mentoring and improve the understanding of how legal mentoring works.
• CONFIDENTIALITY: Your participation is confidential. We do not know who you are and will not ask you for your name (you may volunteer your name, however, for an optional follow-up interview by telephone). Your data is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption; please bear in mind, however, that there is always a risk that information you enter into a computer and transmit over the Internet can be monitored or recorded by other parties. If you decide to provide anonymous comments to us, we may quote those comments in publications, presentations and other public settings.
• PARTICIPATION & WITHDRAWAL: Your participation is completely voluntary, and you may withdraw from the survey at any time without penalty.
• QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RESEARCH: If you have any questions about this research project, please contact: Program on the Legal Profession, Harvard Law School, 23 Everett Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02138, (617) 496-6232. If you have questions about your rights in this research, including questions, concerns, suggestions or complaints that are not being addressed by the researcher (or research-related harm), please contact: Jane Calhoun, Harvard University Committee on the Use of Human Subjects in Research, 1414 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 234, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02138, (617) 495-5459, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• COPY OF SURVEY INFORMATION & CONSENT FORM: Please print this screen if you wish to retain a copy of this Survey Information/Consent Form. Copies can also be obtained through Harvard Law School’s Program on the Legal Profession.