Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Public Outreach Toolkit Webinar RSVP
Tuesday, 6/19,1:00-2:30pm EST (followed by "Media 101" Training, 2:30pm - 3:00pm EST)
Thank you for pre-registering for the Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Public Outreach Toolkit Launch webinar, hosted by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Office of Operations, U.S. Department of Transportation. This webinar will occur Tuesday, 6/19, 1:00-2:30pm Eastern.
An optional "Media 101" training will be held immediately following the webinar, from 2:30pm - 3:00pm Eastern for those who may be interested, to provide coaching and tips for partnering with the media in local public awareness campaigns.
The objectives of this webinar are to:
• Introduce free customizable public outreach tools (poster, brochure, messages, etc.)
• Review how you can use these tools to help save lives and lesson congestion
• Learn about the importance of two key laws from traffic safety leaders from leading organizations including the American Automobile Association and others.
• Equip you to confidently organize and execute media strategy including media interviews during an optional Media Training 101 training that will occur immediately following the webinar from 2:30pm – 3:00pm in the forum.
The goal of this Toolkit is to save lives and reduce congestion by educating the general public about two key laws:
• “Move it” laws require motorists involved in traffic incidents to move their vehicles out of the lanes of traffic if they are able and it is safe to do so;
• “Slow Down/Move Over” laws require drivers to slow down and move over to an adjacent lane when motorists see flashing lights of an emergency responder.
We look forward to seeing you in the Webinar!
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you in the Traffic Incident Management Public Outreach Toolkit Launch Webinar room on 6/19 at 1:00pm - 2:30pm Eastern, and for the optional 30-minute "Media 101" training, immediately following the launch webinar from 2:30pm - 3:00pm Eastern. Dial-in and log-in details will be provided by email in seperate correspondence. Please contact Cara O'Donnell with any questions at email@example.com or 703-676-7804.