Outstanding Public Library/K-12 Partnership Nomination
Call for Nominations: Outstanding Public Library/K-12 Partnership Awards
Awards will be offered by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, MidContinental Region (NN/LM MCR) to recognize successful partnerships between public libraries and K-12 entities (e.g., school library, school nurse, health/science teachers) involving health information that can serve as a model for other similar partnerships.
Nomination Requirements and Eligibility:
• One of the partners must be an Affiliate or Full Network Member of the NN/LM MCR. Not a member? Join today, it’s FREE http://nnlm.gov/mcr/services/network/index.html.
• Partnership must be between a public library and a K-12 entity
• Nominations must demonstrate the success of the partnership
• Self-nominations are encouraged
Examples of outstanding partnerships can include, but are not limited to:
• Partnerships to provide access to health information to support health and science curriculum
• Partnerships to conduct innovative health information outreach programs
• Partnerships to benefit the overall communities access to health information
• Partnerships to improve access to health information for underserved/vulnerable populations
• Submit a summary of the public library/K-12 partnership supporting success with anecdotes or evidence to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FPJBKTN
• Do not exceed 1,000 words
Questions? Please contact Dana Abbey at firstname.lastname@example.org, or toll free at 1-800-338-7657, select option 1, then option 2, then option 3
Nominations must be received by: March 16, 2014
Award recipients will be notified by: April 16, 2014
This information is also available on the NN/LM MCR funding page (http://nnlm.gov/mcr/funding/).