The purpose of this award is to support new projects or enhance existing collaborative projects between a library (public, community college, medical, or academic health sciences) and a K-12 school entity (school library, school nurse, health/science teacher) involving National Library of Medicine health and/or science information that can serve as a model for other partnerships.
Examples of NLM health and/or science resources:
The MCR plans to fund four awards up to $1,500 in Option Year 3 (May 2014-April 2015):
• Deadline for submissions is September 30, 2014.
• Recipients will be notified by October 7, 2014.
• Projects must be completed by April 30, 2015.
Examples of projects include:
• Partnerships to provide access to health information to support health and/or science curriculum.
• Partnerships to conduct innovative health and/or information outreach programs.
• Partnerships to benefit community access to health information.
• Partnerships to improve access to health information for underserved/vulnerable populations.
Partners must be an NN/LM MCR Full or Affiliate member. Membership(s) may be confirmed by entering a zip code in the NN/LM Member Directory (http://nnlm.gov/members/adv.html). Not a member, sign up today, it’s free (http://nnlm.gov/mcr/services/network/).
Allocation of Funds:
Reimbursements will be made to project leader upon receipt of invoice(s).
Project Leader will be required to submit online quarterly reports and a final report.
If you have questions regarding this award, contact Dana Abbey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Monica Rogers (email@example.com), MCR Health Information Literacy Coordinators.