2014 Ethel Tibbits Women of Distinction Awards—Richmond Review
This is the nomination form for the 21st annual Ethel Tibbits Women of Distinction Awards, to be held in March of 2014 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport, 8181 Cambie Rd., Richmond, B.C.
Please provide as much relevant information as possible about your nominee, being mindful of the fact that judges will be relying solely on the content of this nomination form (attachments should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org) to determine a winner. A minimum of TWO and a maximum of THREE reference letters—detailing how the nominee has made a tangible difference in the community—are strongly encouraged.
The NOMINATION DEADLINE is Friday, Jan. 24, 2014.
Here's a list of things you'll need, followed by some nomination tips:
• Full name, complete mailing address, e-mail address and daytime phone numbers of nominee.
Making a nomination is amazing. Submitting one that's comprehensive is priceless.
While making your nomination, keep in mind that the judges will be relying SOLELY on the information provided in selecting a winner. E-mail attachments to email@example.com.
Supply current and relevant information detailing extent and duration of involvement in the community, positions held, examples of how the nominee went above and beyond, extraordinary successes, examples of innovation and impact on the community. These categories will be graded by the judges, so please take extra time to ensure they are comprehensive and complete.
Letters of reference (maximum of 3 (three)) are also strongly encouraged.
• breadth and depth of volunteer experience
• years serving community
• leadership positions/mentorship roles
• how has the nominee made a difference in the community
• professional success (growth of charity/sports group/arts organization, non-profit agency)
• number of years of service
• examples of mentoring others
• name the communities in which they have served