The following survey on consumers’ knowledge regarding sustainable coffee certification is being conducted by a team of researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles. Your participation is greatly appreciated by the researchers in their effort to understand consumer knowledge about coffee eco-certification.
As a survey participant, you are entitled to know the following:
• Your participation is completely voluntary
• Your answers are completely confidential
• Your identity will not be revealed to the UCLA researchers
• You will not be contacted by the UCLA researchers unless it is in a response to a direct communication from you
• There are no right or wrong answers
You must be 18 years of age or older to complete this questionnaire
We will raffle one pound of coffee beans between the survey participants. If you wish to participate in the raffle, please provide your e-mail address at the end of the survey. Your e-mail address will be separated from your survey answers and will be kept confidential. We will only use the e-mail address to notify you if you won the raffle.
For any questions regarding this survey, the research being conducted, please contact the researchers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas B. Smith, Ph.D.
Acting Director, Institute of the Environment & Director, Center for Tropical Research
Professor, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Institute of the Environment
University of California, Los Angeles