Implied Consent for Social Science Research; The Pennsylvania State University
Title of Project: Technology Acceptance Project (IRB#28708)
Principal Investigator: Amie Skattebo, M.S.
434 Beam Building; Psychology Department; University Park, PA 16802
(814) 863-6021; email@example.com
Advisor: Dr. Jeanette Cleveland
435 Beam Building; Psychology Department; University Park, PA 16802
(814) 863-1712; JanC@psu.edu
1. Purpose of the Study: The purpose of this research is to determine what organizations are doing to support technology acceptance as well as when these efforts are likely to be most successful.
2. Procedures to be followed: You are asked to complete the following survey related to your use of your university's course management system.
3. Duration: It will take about 25 minutes to complete the survey.
4. Statement of Confidentiality: Your participation in this research is confidential. Your confidentiality will be kept to the degree permitted by the technology used. No guarantees can be made regarding the interception of data sent via the Internet by any third parties. However, this survey tool utilizes a secure, encrypted, password protected server. In the event of any publication or presentation resulting from the research, no personally identifiable information will be shared.
5. Right to Ask Questions: Please contact Amie Skattebo at (814) 360-9713 with any questions you may have about this research.
6. Voluntary Participation: Your decision to be in this research is voluntary. You can stop at any time. You do not have to answer any questions you do not want to answer. Refusal to take part in or withdrawing from this study will involve no penalty or loss of benefits you would receive otherwise.
You must be 18 years of age or older to complete the survey.
Completion and return of any part of this survey implies that you have read the information in this form and consent to take part in the research.