Information collected by this study will be used to assess river-dependent recreation on the Poudre. We have developed this survey so individuals and outfitters can report how changes in stream flows affect recreation quality on each of our targeted river segments. Your input will help American Whitewater identify the full range of flows necessary to support recreation experiences, from technical low water to challenging high water opportunities. The information you provide will identify existing use and how it can be protected as well as enhance economies that rely on environmental and recreational water uses.
The river segments targeted by this study include:
1) Cache La Poudre - Whitewater Park (Shields River Access to Fort Collins Whitewater Park)
2) Cache La Poudre - Filter Plant (Below Filter Plant to Picnic Rock Access)
3) Cache La Poudre - Bridges (Pine View Falls to Bridges Take-out)
4) Cache La Poudre - Poudre Park (Poudre Park Picnic Ground to below Pine View Falls)
5) Cache La Poudre - Lower Mishawaka (Mishawaka Inn to Poudre Park)
6) Cache La Poudre - Upper Mishawaka (Steven's Gulch Access to Mishawaka Inn)
7) Cache La Poudre - The Narrows (Narrows Picnic Ground to Steven's Gulch Access)
8) Cache La Poudre - Grandpa's Gorge (Indian Meadows Bridge to Narrows Picnic Ground)
9) Cache La Poudre - White Mile Run (Home Moraine to Indian Meadows Bridge)
10) Cache La Poudre - Spencer Heights (Big South Campground to Tunnel Picnic Ground)
11) Cache La Poudre - Big South (Long Draw Reservoir to Big South Campground)
You will only be asked to respond to survey questions for the segments you have personally experienced.
Please encourage your fellow paddlers to participate in this study.