Accelerate HER PEI Mentor Application Form
PEIBWA is excited to announce a new one-of-a-kind opportunity for women in early growth businesses in PEI - The Accelerate HER PEI Pilot Program!
Accelerate HER PEI is a 12-week program led by PEIBWA and the Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership in collaboration with the Startup Zone. The pilot will be delivered from PEIBWA’s Rural Women’s Business Centre both virtually and in person. This Pilot Program will serve high-potential women business owners, no matter their location in PEI.
Clients will benefit from free access to business support services customized to meet their individual needs. This includes weekly group meetings, one-on-one mentorship, peer support, market research and guidance, and a pool of expertise with a variety of businesses and industry leaders.
This 12-week pilot program involves accelerator programming and 1-1 mentorship support for women entrepreneurs. This program is targeted for businesses in the early growth stage of development, and businesses who may find themselves taking a new direction.
Participants will take part in weekly group meetings and interact with experts for training and feedback, business-building assignments, networking opportunities, and referrals. Participants will also be matched with a mentor in their field for individual support throughout. Programming will be delivered both online and in-person at the Rural Women’s Business Centre in Central Bedeque, PEI.
Are you . . .
- An experienced businessperson who is willing to share your successes and failures?
- familiar with mentorship?
- Have you ever participated as a mentee?
- Have you ever participated as a mentor?
- Able to build a trusting relationship, follow through with your promises, and keep confidences?
- Able to resist trying to ‘fix’ a situation, using active listening and constructive feedback instead?
- Able to offer advice and encourage independent decision making?
- Able to help your mentee network and expand her range of contacts and new experiences?
- Able to meet with your mentee for at least one hour twice a month? (in-person or online)
- Willing to commit to a 12-week pilot program?
- Willing to participate in an orientation session?
- Committed, passionate, and excited about working with a mentee and joining our Accelerator/Mentorship Program?
The call for mentors for the Accelerate HER PEI Pilot Program is open to all candidates that match the above criteria. You DO NOT have to be a woman, business-owner, resident of PEI, or a current member of PEIBWA.
Project Start: Jan 18, 2021 /Project End: April 9, 2021
The Accelerate HER PEI Pilot program will run for 12 consecutive weeks, beginning with a two-hour orientation session on January 18th and a training session for mentors and mentees. Please review the time commitment schedule to ensure that you have the time to commit to participate as a mentor in this program.
- (1 hr) Assessment Meeting
- (2 hr) orientation Mentorship Training Session
- (1 hr) Bi-weekly one-on-one mentorship meetings with your mentee (virtual or in-person)
- (2 hr) Follow-up and evaluation
The total dedicated time commitment per mentor for training session and one-on-one activities/meetings will be approximately 11 hours for this 12-week program.