|Page1 / 5||
||20% of survey complete.|
This is a tool that we use to check if we are compatible and can work well together.
For most applicants: After you pass this check, you will be hired for the engineering role you are applying for. You will get paid (on Paypal or Upwork) fixed prices to complete tutorials and pass a number of exams to train to become an engineer at learningdollarstalent.com.
Yes, we pay you to learn (or at least show off what you already know)! Once you pass this check, you don't need any prior knowledge or experience -- we will train you. Once you pass all the exams, you will officially become part of our network of freelancers and we will convert your job to an hourly job.
For engineers outside the US, the average going rate for the freelancing positions we hire for is $14-17/hr (USD).
For US-based engineers, you can ask us how to set your own hourly rate.
For applicants from well known institutions: If you are already from one of these well-known universities, you can petition to skip this form, the training milestones, and you can just send your resumé to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to become part of our talent network. We will reply to that email with a link where you can mark the skills you know. Once you are part of our network, you will receive hourly contract / full-time project matches for your skillset.
1. number of hours for work: The number of hours would generally be a conversation between you and the client you are matched with. We have seen anything from 7 to 40.
2. payment: US-based engineers, can set their own hourly rate (note that Paypal / Upwork takes a cut so mark up your rate beforehand). Engineers outside the US will be paid around 14-17/hr
3. what skills do you get projects for: We get projects in all major tech skills such as frontend, backend, full-stack, mobile, AI, NLP, Computer Vision, Unity Game, Blockchain, AR/VR.
4. how should I set my hourly rate (US-only): We would recommend looking at your hourly rate at your past companies and marking up based on experience accordingly. By default we mark US-based engineers as 60-80/hr and non-US based engineers as 14/hr.
5. For those being paid via Upwork who can't get paid using Paypal: In the case that your old Upwork is not active, we will simply invite you as an external freelancer to our Upwork team using your email. We will use "upwork BYOF" -- google it! But for now, just put your existing upwork profile URL into this form. Please create an account if you don't have one.
6. when will I be invited to slack: You will be invited to our slack after the codility milestone.
7. can I do this form later: Yup that's fine. It takes time to find a client match, so I'd recommend getting into the network as soon as possible.
8. what kind of work will I get: All your skills will be recorded in our database and our matching algorithm will send you clients who have a good match with your skillset.
If applicable, please go through this form as quickly as possible without compromising quality.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY SAVE YOUR PROGRESS ON THIS FORM IN A SEPARATE DOCUMENT LIKE A GOOGLE DOC.