This competency framework was developed by Matt Moore and Patrick Lambe for the Innovations in Knowledge Organisation Conference 2015 (www.ikoconference.org). It is intended to provide a simple self-assessment tool for practitioners working with Knowledge Organisation Systems (KOS) to identify their areas of strength and opportunities for improvement. It is indicative rather than exhaustive and we expect it to be developed further over time. We estimate it will take 10-20 minutes to complete.
Rate yourself using the survey overleaf, using the scale below:
• No Experience = I have no prior knowledge of this activity.
• Basic Understanding = I have an understanding of the concepts at work here (e.g. academic study or peripheral involvement in a project) but I have not successfully undertaken this activity.
• Undertaken Successfully = I have successfully undertaken this activity at least once.
• Undertaken Repeatedly = I have successfully undertaken this activity multiple (more than 3) times. I may coach others in how to undertake this activity.
• Innovating = I regularly undertake this activity and have developed new tools and techniques to improve its efficacy.
Once you have completed your self-assessment, we suggest that you identify the area you are most interested in developing over the coming 6 months, and develop a simple action plan. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.
We will anonymise all responses and send you a set of the findings, so that you can benchmark yourselves against others.