||2% of survey complete.|
Implied Informed Consent Form for Social Science Research The Pennsylvania State University
Protective Structures for Berry Crop Production: Assessing Grower Needs and Market Potential
Principal Investigator: Kathy Demchak, Department of Horticulture, 107A Tyson Building, University Park, PA 16802 Email: email@example.com or Phone: (814) 863-2303
Other Investigator(s): Eric Hanson, Michigan State University, and Kathy Kelley, PSU
Purpose of the Study: The purpose of this research is to gather input from growers to ascertain the directions in which to take future high tunnel (hoop house, temporary greenhouse, and/or rain shelter) berry crop (e.g. strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.) research and extension efforts.
1. Procedure: You will be asked to respond to a survey about your experiences and/or concerns with growing berries in a high tunnel, and if applicable how production and marketing differs between high tunnel and field production. You will also be asked to comment on potential issues and challenges and what educational information would be helpful.
To participate in the survey please read the entire implied consent form and click on the “next” button to begin the survey.
If you have participated in the paper version of this survey, we ask that you do not participate in this version of the survey.
2. Duration/Time: Completion of this survey should take approximately 15 minutes.
3. Statement of Confidentiality: Your participation in this research is confidential. The summarized survey data will not contain any information that could identify who the responses belong to. In the event of any publication or presentation resulting from the research, no personally identifiable information will be shared because your name is in no way linked to your responses.
Your confidentiality will be kept to the degree permitted by the technology used. No guarantees can be made regarding the interception of data sent via the Internet by any third parties.
4. Right to Ask Questions: Please contact Kathy Demchak at (814) 863-2303 with questions or concerns about this study.
5. Voluntary Participation: Your decision to be in this research is voluntary. You can stop at any time. You do not have to answer any questions you do not want to answer.
You must be 18 years of age or older and either be someone who has produced berries in a high tunnel (hoop house, temporary greenhouse, and/or rain shelter), or someone who is considering producing berries in a high tunnel to take part in this research study.