This is the online application for Governor's appointment to the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council (DD Council). IMPORTANT: This survey can take up to an hour to complete and has to be completed in one session. You will NOT be able to save and return to the survey. We recommend that you download the paper application (PDF) first so you can gather all the information you need to complete this online application in one session.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP (PER THE FEDERAL DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES (DD) ACT):
RESPONSIBILITIES OF COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Adult with a developmental disability.
- Parent or guardian of a child with a developmental disability.
- Immediate relative or guardian of an adult with a developmental disability who cannot advocate for himself/herself.
- Immediate relative or guardian of an institutionalized or previously institutionalized individual with a developmental disability or an individual with a developmental disability who resides or previously resided in an institution.
- Representative of a local and non-governmental agency concerned with services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Representative of a private non-profit group concerned with services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Applicants to Council agree to do the following:
- Attend two (2) days of meetings, six (6) times per year.
- Attend Council's conferences and events.
- Participate in two (2) Committees of Council which meet during the regularly scheduled Council meetings.
- Participate in new member orientation sessions.
- Prepare for Council and Committee meetings by reading information sent to you from Council staff.
- Advocate for Council's Mission and Philosophy.
- Participate in the development of Council positions on matters of public policy.
- Have the ability to communicate either by voice, interpreter, signing, or communication device.
- Participate in at least one (1) grant review panel for the purpose of awarding DD Council funds.
- Read and respond to action alerts.
- Consult with Council staff as needed.
TO APPLY, YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Serve on various Council ad hoc groups.
- Represent Council at selected state or local events.
- Assume role of Committee Chair, if appointed.
- Mentor a new Council Member.
- Provide information to state and/or federal legislators.
- Share information between Council and other organizations, as appropriate.
- Serve on groups external to Council.
- Participate in visits to Council projects with Council staff.
- Application for Governor’s Appointment to the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council: Complete this online form or by download a form from our website (PDF file).
- Boards and Commission Application: Download and complete the Ohio Boards and Commission Application (PDF file) or complete the autofill form online, print it (do not hit submit). Include a resume and mail both documents to the Ohio DD Council.