Join us in creating the energy future we need!
The Energy Futures Lab is a multi-interest, collaborative platform that facilitates constructive dialogue around our energy future and enables real-world action and learning. At the heart of the EFL is its Fellowship, representing diverse perspectives from across the energy system.
In order to support effective collaboration and facilitation, each Fellowship cohort is approximately 40-50 members, depending on the Innovation Challenges and applicants for the year. For the last seven years, EFL Fellows have established meaningful relationships, created a shared vision for our energy future, and launched numerous initiatives together.
Our mission for 2022-2024 is to:
Leverage our assets and innovation capacity to accelerate an inclusive and equitable transition to a prosperous net-zero future
If this mission excites you and you want to work with other innovators and influencers to fulfill this mission, then we invite you to be part of the EFL Fellowship.
Why be a 2023 EFL Fellow?
- Lead and influence. Play a leading role in identifying, testing and scaling social innovation projects that will have a long lasting impact on Canadians and our evolving energy system.
- Gain strategic insight. Acquire systems perspective and latest insight into opportunities and challenges facing our current and future energy system.
- Develop partnerships. Foster relationships with collaborators in the EFL network and leverage their diverse expertise to move on ideas that require input and support from other actors in the system.
- Access new tools. Gain access to leading edge tools to facilitate learning and collaboration in response to energy transition challenges and opportunities.
- Develop leadership skills. Grow personal leadership skills to better collaborate with a diverse set of actors and perspectives across the energy system and beyond.
Fellows will be profiled on the EFL website website.
What is the role of a 2023 EFL Fellow?
- Participate in a series of interactive Fellowship Workshops to make sense of the dynamic and complex nature of our energy transition and identify the big Innovation Challenges where we need to mobilize, learn and act together.
- Work closely with the Energy Futures Lab Team to lead, inspire and mobilize other actors to take action on the Innovation Challenges.
- Build the EFL community by communicating and sharing relevant ideas and activities to your network.