1. Senior or junior undergraduate students enrolled in a geoscience program at an accredited college or university located in one of the eight states that comprise the Northeast Section – AIPG are eligible to apply. The states included in the Northeast Section are Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont. The applicant does NOT have to permanently reside in one of the eight states. US citizenship is NOT required.
2. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of five evaluation criteria: financial need, academic qualifications, career goals, activities/accomplishments/educational plans, and a faculty letter of recommendation. Financial need and then academic qualifications will be weighed the heaviest; the other criteria will be weighted equally. The decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final.
3. All applicants are required to be Student Adjunct (SA) members of AIPG and the Northeast Section. Student membership in AIPG is FREE. If an applicant is not already a student member, details on how to apply can be found at www.aipg.org.
4. Previous recipients of this scholarship are NOT eligible to apply again. Previous applicants for this scholarship are eligible as long as they continue to meet the eligibility requirements.
5. It is recommended that applicants also refer to the Announcement accompanying this Application Form (available at www.ne-aipg.org) for additional information.