Equity & Anti-Racist Stance
COSA is a coalition of K-12 education leaders committed to equity and the success of every Oregon student and staff member. To that end, we will develop and support K-12 leaders in:
- Race is a central to our equity work. It is our belief and experience that going deep and staying focused on race supports each of us in building our will, skill, and courage to see and interrupt systemic barriers in our schools and districts not only around race, but all forms of inequities and oppression.
- Transforming our systems and institutions by crafting, and implementing, anti-racist policies, budgets, programs, and practices that translates into resource allocation, education rigor, and opportunities for students and staff who are members of historically marginalized groups.
- Supporting districts and ESDs to recruit, hire, support, develop, promote, and retain staff (classified, certified, and administrative) who reflect the diversity of the students in our state.
- Cultivating the unique gifts, talents, and interests of every Oregon student so that success and failure are no longer predicted nor predetermined by race, ethnicity, culture, family economics, mobility, language, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or initial proficiencies.
Presenter information, please read thoroughly:
This year’s conference will be presented with the following guidelines:
- The conference participants will be attending in person as well as virtually. We are referring to this delivery as Hybrid.
- Your hybrid presentation will have a live audience at Seaside and will be live streamed on Zoom to remote participants concurrently.
- Presenters will need to be proficient in ZOOM meeting format and be able to engage the hybrid audience.
- We will require all in person presenters and attendees to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus by June 9th and abide by CDC and State Regulations.