Youth Services Program Director
You will lead the Youth Services team, one of two program teams at FosterClub, in alignment with the FosterClub logic model and all related theories and components. This team implements activities designed to support children, youth, and young adults who experience the foster care system. The work is carried out in partnership with members of FosterClub’s Lived Experience (LEx) Leader team, composed of young people aged 18-26 who have experienced the child welfare system. The team is composed of specialists in youth engagement and a program function (e.g., Curriculum) and generalist project managers.
- The support staff team in providing direct support to young people who experience the foster care system, through peer-led training and education, access to resources, emergency assistance, and opportunities for participation/leadership development.
- Serve as an organizational leader and engage in strategic planning for work that aligns with FosterClub’s logic model and promotes organization growth, effectiveness, and sustainability. Includes daily interfacing with the System Change Program Director to coordinate campaigns and activities.
- Directly supervise staff and oversee the work of the Youth Programs Team (up to 10 staff) and the lived experience leaders who are engaged by the Team to carry out the work of the organization. The Youth Program Team is charged with engaging, training, supporting, and supervising lived experience leaders to support their peers in making life in foster care easier.
- Develop and manage the Youth Programs budget. Lead the team in resource development, including oversight of grant writing, contract management, and negotiation. Grow fee for service contracts.
- Direct activities of the Youth Program team, which falls into the following categories:
- Develop and implement peer-led SPARK curriculum to help young people build competencies that lead to self-determination, including delivery at youth conferences, youth advisory boards, and camps held in collaboration with state partners
- Grow and maintain FosterClub’s pathways to develop Lived Experience (LEx) Leaders, including the FosterClub All-Star interns and Outstanding Young Leader award and recognition programs
- Increase young people's awareness of and ability to access resources to help them through their foster care journey and prepare for life after foster care
- Create and grow sales of FosterClub’s youth-oriented line of publications and tools
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships, including state and community-based child welfare agencies, Chafee Independent Living Programs, and organizations that provide direct support to young people in and from foster care. Expand opportunities for young people to participate with consideration to FosterClub’s ladder of participation.
- Promote the work of the Youth Programs team, including growing recognition for the Lived Experience (LEx) Leaders who are involved in our work and promoteFosterClub’s field-leading reputation in youth engagement and Positive Youth Development.
- Reporting on Youth Programs' work, both internally to our team and externally to sponsors, partners, and the world. Includes setting targets (metrics) and measuring outputs and outcomes.
Other duties as assigned.