Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day Tik Tok Challenge
The Youth Health Community Mobilization Workgroup and its community partners are hosting a social media challenge for high school students. The 2022 theme is: Ending the HIV Epidemic: Equitable Access, Everyone’s Voice.
National Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NYHAAD) educates the public about the impact of HIV/AIDS on youth and highlights the work youth do to strengthen the fight against the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
1 in 4 of new HIV infections occur in youth ages 13-24. 60% of youth with HIV don’t know they are infected, are not getting treated and may pass the virus to others. Young people all over the country are involved in thousands of HIV prevention efforts. Are you HIV Aware? What do you want to tell the world about HIV? Express yourself creatively with a video, meme, skit, song, dance, spoken-word/rap to promote HIV Awareness.
Rules for Entry
1. Anyone attending high school can participate
2. Groups may have up to 5 participants
3. Challenge entries can be video, meme, skit, song, dance, spoken-word or rap
4. Entries must be posted to TikTok on or before 11:30pm on March 31, 2022, 10 days before National Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (April 10th).
5. Entries must contain an HIV Prevention message or a call to action, and must be scientifically accurate
6. Must be respectful of race, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity diversity
7. No profanity, lewd or overtly sexual content
8. Must contain #NYHAAD, #StopHIVTogether, or #EndHIVEpidemic
9. Entries will be evaluated the week of April 11th, 2022. The entry with the best message and most likes wins! Winner will be contacted individually
Resources for Entry Participants
CDC-Youth and HIV