Travel Trailer By-law Survey

Did you know?  Current By-laws state that any use of travel trailers is prohibited on Waterfront Residential, Residential or Rural property for anything other than storing the trailer while it is not in use?

For the Municipalities of Markstay-Warren, Killarney, French River and St.-Charles, the current Zoning By-law states that travel trailers are ONLY allowed on Commercial Tourist and Waterfront Commercial Tourist Zones.  All other zones do not permit travel trailers for temporary or permanent living or eating accommodation.  This is a common regulation across Ontario.  The zoning does allow trailer storage when it is not in use and travel trailers can be used temporarily if a property has a building permit for a dwelling in place.

The Sudbury East Planning Board and Municipalities have been studying this issue.  A draft By-law has been proposed that would allow limited travel trailer use on Waterfront Residential and Rural properties. 

This 3 - 7 minute survey was designed to get your feedback to answer questions such as:
          - How many trailers should be allowed on a temporary basis?
          - How long should a “temporary” basis be?
          - How many trailers should be allowed on a long-term basis?
          - Ultimately do the residents of each Municipality want trailers to be allowed at all for short term and/ or long-term use?

**Please note, this Survey is 100% confidential, no names, addresses or personal information will be shared.**

Definitions for Survey: 
Travel Trailer - means an object designed for accommodation, intended and used exclusively for travel, recreation and vacation, and which is capable of being drawn or propelled by a motor vehicle, or is self propelled and includes; a tent trailer, or similar transportable accommodation, but does not include a mobile home
Residential Property - typically refers to a lot smaller than one acre and located in or near a village centre

Rural Property - typically refers to a lot larger than one acre and located outside of a village centre

Long Term - meaning a period of time where a licence would be required, involving a fee (no longer than May 1st - November 30th) 

Short Term - meaning a period of time (3 to 14 days) where a trailer would be unlicensed & require NO FEE

Question Title

* 2. Please enter your address.

Question Title

* 3. Please enter your first and last name.