Call for Nominations!
The Commissioner’s Special Recognition Awards will take place
on Thursday, November 30
at the Albany Capital Center, 55 Eagle St, Albany, NY .
The New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute (AI), is excited to recognize community members who have demonstrated dedication and excellence in HIV/AIDS prevention, protection, and treatment! Much of our work would not be possible without the passion and commitment of advocates. Nominations are now being accepted to honor the contributions of the wonderful public health professionals who strive to end epidemics and improve the health and well-being of New Yorkers living with HIV. Please see the eligibility and award topic area criteria below for the Commissioner’s Special Recognition Awards to be given out during World AIDS Day 2023.
A completed electronic nomination must be submitted by Friday, September 22, 2023, 5 PM EDT.
All questions must be filled in for the nomination to be finalized (unless otherwise specified).
- Nominations will be considered for nominees who have not previously received a World AIDS Day Commissioner’s Special Recognition Award for the same category and region. (Please note, AI staff will determine if a nominee is a past recipient for the same category and region.)
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Only one Nominee per New York state region and topic area will be chosen to receive an award, based exclusively on a completed nomination form. Selected awardees will be contacted about assistance with travel and accommodations.
- Nominators may submit more than one form; however, please be aware that once you start a nomination form it cannot be saved and resumed later.
- If you have questions, comments, or problems with submitting a nomination form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.