The Wilson Stewardship Award is presented to individuals, groups or projects that have made a significant contribution to environmental stewardship in the Rainy-Lake of the Woods watershed through:
- Education, outreach, civic engagement and participation in stewardship initiatives or program development.
- Projects or programs focused on protection, restoration, preservation or reduction of environmental impact and development of sustainable practices.
This award is named in honour of its first recipient, Gerry Wilson, in recognition of her contributions to lake stewardship, including development of volunteer monitoring programs, civic engagement and education and cooperative approaches between the public, universities and government agencies.
The Award is presented by the Foundation at the International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Forum (March 13-14, 2019) when there’s a deserving recipient as determined by the selection committee. The selection committee consists of previous award recipients and researchers and resource managers from both Canada and the United States and a representative of the Foundation's board. The selection committee reviews nominations annually.
Previous Wilson Stewardship Award recipients:
- 2018 - White Iron Chain of Lakes Association (WICOLA)
- 2017 - Not awarded
- 2016 - Todd Sellers, Lake of the Woods Water Sustainability Foundation
- 2015 - Dale and Phyllis Callaghan, Rainy Lake Conservancy
- 2014 - Dyke Van Etten Williams, citizen of MN and Lake of the Woods Canada
- 2013 - Kelli Saunders, Lake of the Woods Water Sustainability Foundation / K. Saunders Environmental Management
- 2012 - Gerry Wilson, Lake of the Woods District Property Owners Association (retired)
Please remember that members of the election Committee may not know your nominee - so please provide a sufficiently detailed submission so that they can be judged fairly.
Questions? Contact Todd Sellers, LOWWSF, 866-370-8891 firstname.lastname@example.org