National Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Needs Assessment Survey 2022
Welcome to the National Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Needs Assessment Survey!
This survey is conducted by WEF's Stormwater Institute on a bi-annual cycle. The first survey was developed in 2018 and this is the third iteration.
The primary objectives of this survey are to:
- to better understand MS4 program challenges,
- to identify the information and resource needs of MS4 permittees, and
- to approximate current funding levels and estimated funding needs in the MS4 sector.
Please complete the survey if you are:
- With an entity with an MS4 permit (city, county, watershed, DOT, non-traditional, etc.), please have one person from your organization fill out the survey. WEF is looking for your best estimates for answers to the questions.
- A consultant and a city has authorized you to complete the survey, please do so. Otherwise, please pass this information along to your clients with MS4 permits.
If you are with another type of entity (regulator, researcher, NGO, manufacturer, etc.) but interested in everything related to the MS4 program, please feel free to share this with your network, and visit the Stormwater Institute for other ways to get involved, but please do not fill out the survey.
To navigate throughout the survey, please use the survey "Previous" and "Next" buttons at the bottom of each page, and not your internet browser navigation.
To preview survey questions, please go to: https://wefstormwaterinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/2022-WEF-MS4-Survey-Questions.pdf