Greetings, Pacific community members and friends!
Please join Pacific's Bias Response Team (BRT) and the Multicultural Center (The MC) for...
“VISIONS Inc. Social Justice Training”
PURPOSE: VISIONS Inc. Social Justice Training is a day-long program that is best suited for Pacific community members, especially campus leaders, who want to examine power, privilege, & oppression and want to adapt practices that foster inclusion in classroom, work, & other intercultural settings. This training is also suited for those want to familiarize themselves with the VISIONS Inc. social justice training model.
Training opportunities are FREE and restricted from 12 minimum to 24 maximum participants each training, therefore, on-line registration is required (Respond to prompts below).
VISIONS INC. LEARNING OUTCOMES
As a result of VISIONS Inc. Social Justice Training, participants will:
- Practice group dialogue guidelines;
- Share of themselves through Name Stories and personal reflection;
- Apply the multicultural process of change on cognitive, behavioral, and affective dimensions;
- Recognize feelings as messengers;
- Explore oppression and articulate one’s social location as members of target and non-target groups;
- Describe the impact of bias incidents on the Pacific Community;
- Discuss ways to disrupt oppression and thrive in a diverse community.
SPECIAL NOTE: A continental breakfast will be provided @ 8:30am. Unless otherwise advertised, lunch is generally not provided. Please consider bringing your own lunch or enjoy a meal at a Bon Appetit on-campus dining venue.
We look forward to your attendance at this and other Multicultural Center trainings and events.
If you have any inquiries and/or need a disability-related accommodation or wheelchair access information, please contact the Multicultural Center at 209.946.7707 (ofc), 209.946.7711 (fax), or e-mail Serjio Acevedo.