Business Legacies Incubator Application
The Business Legacies Incubator is for non-profit and charitable organizations that have decided to explore social enterprise, and are considering acquiring an existing business rather than starting up a new one. The program will focus on acquisition readiness and organizations do NOT need to identify a specific business prior to participating.
The Incubator will incorporate virtual sessions, homework and coaching from industry experts. The program is comprised of 8-modules with the bi-weekly virtual sessions taking place on Thursdays from 3:30 to 5:30 pm as per the following dates:
- Module 1: Intro to Community Acquisition | Oct 21, 2021
- Module 2: Understanding Risk | Nov 4, 2021
- Module 3: Building an Acquisition Roadmap | Nov 18, 2021
- Module 4: Search & Assess Process | Dec 2, 2021
- Module 5: Due Diligence, Understanding Financials & Business Valuations | Jan 13, 2022
- Module 6: Financing Your Acquisition | Jan 27, 2022
- Module 7: Buying the Business (Governance & Legal) | Feb 10, 2022
- Module 8: Transition to Social Enterprise | Feb 24, 2022
The resources and advisory services provided in this program are valued at over $2,500. Successful applicants will be asked to contribute a nominal program fee of $250. If the program fee is a barrier to participation, bursaries may be available.
If you are interested in participating in the Business Legacies Incubator, please complete the application below. If you have any questions about the application process, please email Alec Wheeler, Coordinator, Business Legacies Initiative at email@example.com.
Eligibility: The Business Legacies Incubator program is open to non-profit and charitable organizations currently operating on Vancouver Island (excluding Greater Victoria) and select Gulf Islands.