Marijuana Business Daily, an Inc 500-listed company serving professionals in America's $4.3 billion legal cannabis industry, is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to be responsible for paid attendance to its B2B trade shows, as well as direct online sales of its book offerings. This position is based in Denver CO and reports to the CEO. Overnight business travel will be required 4-6 times per year.
The perfect candidate will be able to do as well as lead. They will strategize overall marketing goals, tactics and calendaring.They will build, mentor and manage a small team of four, including an assistant, a graphic designer, a social/PPC expert and a PR pro. Together with this small team, they will handle all outbound campaigns and landing page/microsite design in order to execute against plan. Based on data, they may tweak the plan, budget and/or creative while setting senior management's expectations.
The Senior Marketing Manager's own DIY role may include writing key copy, managing media buys/partnerships and directing microsite design.
This department is also responsible for occasional sales support - creating media kits and related materials for the sponsorship, booth and ad sales team. However, marketing is not responsible for those sales reps or their goals, just its own direct response sales goals.
This B2B marketing position requires a minimum of seven-ten years experience in direct response marketing strategy, departmental leadership, and both online and offline outbound marketing skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and managing a marketing campaign calendar across all media, including setting overarching campaign budgets, responsibilities and task due dates.
- Building and leading the small marketing team to accomplish these goals.
- Coordinating with other departments including IT, customer service, editorial, accounting and sponsorship sales.
Your skills should include:
- DIY: You roll up your sleeves & do it yourself. You are an active member of the marketing team, not only its manager.
- Both offline and online direct response marketing experience: You will market across all media, not just online.
- Direct response creative chops: You will direct the overall copy and design of the brand's outward face. You must understand and be able to produce persona-based creative that gets measurable results.
- Time management & organization skills: you can calendar and juggle many deadlines at once, while making sure your team sticks to schedule.
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures, an equal opportunity employer founded in 2009.