The Product Marketing Manager for the Car Seat and Accessories category is accountable for delivering consumer-centric products within the parameters of the company’s strategy and category growth initiatives. This individual will have a passion for bringing innovative, successful new products to market and strives for product excellency. As a category expert, this individual with work with all functions within the organization to represent their respective product line with a high level of energy, organization, and professionalism.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the global product road map and initiatives for the Car Seat category and compatible accessories.
- Prepare thorough concept briefs outlining product positioning, features, and pricing strategy.
- Manages all child fit and user experience testing throughout the development process, including a thorough report of key findings and recommended action.
- Maintains an expert level knowledge base of the category, competition, and target consumer.
- Collaborates with product development team members across Design, Quality, Engineering and Program Management.
- Responsible for maintaining and achieving target cost based on margin goals.
- Manage all product specifications referenced by Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience partners.
- Collaborate with US & International Sales and Marketing to develop training tools for new product launches.
- Leads all product artwork creation and deliverables for the category.
- Engages Car Seat advocate throughout the development process.
- Support retail and/or consumer events as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to be hands-on through the development process
- Conducted consumer research and marketplace analysis
- Product Line development (includes merchandising, costing, marketing & sales)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively, manage multiple projects and stay organized
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time, includes US & International travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Management
- 5+ years in product marketing or product development, preferably at a consumer good company
- Previous experience in car seat category or juvenile products a plus
- Previous experience working on brand and products with global presence a plus